Welcome to all our new parents who have children joining us in September 2020.
How can you help prepare your child for beginning school?
- Talk positively and confidently about starting school. Share the social story on our website with them regularly. Watch the ‘Day in the Life’ PPT together.
- Speak with your child about the change in their daily routine, how will they get to school, what time they have to get up in the morning and what they will have in their lunch box etc.
- Develop family routines at home to support your child’s preparation for school e.g. read with your child each night, align your lunchtime to the school lunchtime etc.
- Read books together about starting school
- Develop good relationships with other parents, especially other parents of your child’s friends. You can start building relationships with existing parents via our Newtown Soberton Infant School Facebook group.
Hello! We are going to be your new teachers when you start school and we wanted to share a story with you. We hope you enjoy it and we can't wait to meet you all soon! Love Mrs Snook and Mrs Butler
School Readiness Leaflet
Advice to help build your child's confidence so that they start school with enthusiasm; curious and ready to learn.