Meon Valley Federation Governing Board
The governing body is the strategic leader of the school and has a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Newtown Soberton Infant School has recently taken the decision to federate with Meonstoke C of E Infant School which requires us to form a new Governing Board across the two schools. The board needs to comprise of representatives from several groups including parents, the community and local businesses.
We are looking to recruit new members to the new Meon Valley Federation Governing Board..
The purpose of a governing board is to help the school's deliver the best possible education, by maintaining a strong focus on three core functions:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school's
• ensuring each school is accountable to all its stakeholders for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• overseeing the financial performance of the school's and making sure that money is well spent
The governing body does not:
• inspect a school
• have involvement in the day-to-day running of a school
• authorise each item of expenditure
• decide which pupils will be admitted to a school
• decide how pupils are taught individual subjects
For more information on the role and responsibility of a Governing Body and how to apply to be a governor - Hampshire County Council - Governor Information
Anyone wishing to contact the Governing Body can get in touch via the school office firstname.lastname@example.org