If you are looking for a school place for your child for September 2019 please call the office to make an appointment for a guided tour.
I would like to welcome you to Newtown Soberton Infant School, a small village school situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
We are very proud of our school and the ethos that we maintain, as it is built on the belief that leaving the warmth and comfort of home to take those first steps into school life is a momentous and very special occasion. Our aim is to continue to nurture your child in a caring and friendly environment. All our staff are committed to making this first experience of school life rewarding, fulfilling, challenging and of course happy.
We are very fortunate to have a maximum of 25 children in each class as this enables us to ensure that each child is given the help and support they need to make the most of their time in school and achieve success both academically and personally. In May 2018 Ofsted graded the school overall as Good with outstanding Early Years provision.
This website aims to provide prospective parents with an overview of the school so that they can make an informed decision about the future education of their child, as well as providing current information for existing parents and pupils. I hope that you enjoy your visit to our site, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please contact the school directly with any queries you may have that our site does not answer.
I am always keen to share the quality of the education that we provide with prospective parents. So please feel free to call and arrange a visit.
Mrs Emma Howell
Photographs by Mari Westbrook
Latest School Events
- Family Afternoon23May2019
1:30 pm - 3:15 pm
- Half Term27May2019
- New EYFS parent meeting04Jun2019
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Phonic Screening week10Jun2019
1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
You can view our latest Newsletter here
Are you unsure if your child is well enough to attend school today?
We use the NHS website for guidance on incubation periods and whether a child should remain at home due to illness.
You can use the link below to check NHS guidance on childhood illnesses and gain advice on when you should keep your child at home.
Closing date: 6/06/2019 at 12:00
Job Start Date: September 2019 or sooner
Contract/Hours: Permanent Contract. Term time only.
Salary Type: Support Staff Mon and Thurs 8.30am-4.30pm and Tues/Weds/Fri 12.00-4.30 pm
Salary Details: Grade D – Step 1 - Full Time Equivalent Salary £20,830.
Hours of Work: 28.5 hours per week
Location of Role: Newtown Soberton infant School
Contact e-mail address:
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised, efficient and enthusiastic Admin Officer to work alongside our existing team to ensure the smooth running of our school office.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact – the friendly face of the school. No day will be the same therefore we are looking for someone who can cope with the many and varied tasks, whilst remaining calm, cool and collected. This role requires high standards of verbal and written communication as well as organisation, creativity and initiative.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of income and expenditure for the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to provide a calm and welcoming atmosphere to all visitors
- Have excellent administration, communication and organisational skills and educated to a good standard (GCSE English and Maths A-C or equivalent)
- Have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of bookkeeping and account reconciliation along with an analytical approach, a flexible attitude and a willingness to contribute constructively to budget setting.
- Be computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages. Knowledge of other school systems such as IBC, SIMS or Tucasi would be a distinct advantage, although training will be given to the successful candidate
- Prioritise and work to deadlines
- Be discrete and able to respect confidentiality with people and information and understand safeguarding procedures
- Be able to work efficiently in a busy environment and use their own initiative to solve work related problems effectively
- Support the school's ethos and values
- Be pleasant and professional as well as being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and to cope with interruptions
- Be a team player with a ‘can do’ approach and a willingness to ‘muck in’
- Be proactive and flexible with a positive approach and outlook
Please find links to the application pack below: